11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Chicks don't count because a few are likely to die.

Layers don't count because they are providing food.

Broodies don't count because they are incubators.

Roosters don't count because they are security.

Meaties don't count because they are food.

Named birds don't count because they are pets.

I don't have any birds. I better get some!

I agree about the bantam sized chickens. They're small so should not count toward your chicken number. I also ended up buying a second coop - just for the silkies & seramas.... my "useless chickens". Again, none of those little birds count toward our chicken total. Likewise baby chicks don't count. They only make the numbers fluctuate a bit between when they're hatched & sold. How else can one keep the chicken number under a dozen?

I haven't noticed an unbearable electric or plasticky smell from my Brinsea. There's a hint of it, but I have to really sniff to notice it lol. The Janoel was worse when I turned it on for the first time, but I dont notice it anymore.

Thanks! Hopefully it will eventually go away then. Considering I gravitate toward the plastic style incubators you think I would have encountered a stinker well before this little one, lol.

I agree about the bantam sized chickens. They're small so should not count toward your chicken number. I also ended up buying a second coop - just for the silkies & seramas.... my "useless chickens". Again, none of those little birds count toward our chicken total. Likewise baby chicks don't count. They only make the numbers fluctuate a bit between when they're hatched & sold. How else can one keep the chicken number under a dozen?

I was basing my numbers on the scale of the chicken, so I said that I could have 2 Silkies equal only 1 standard chicken...I'm really loving the Seramas and Old English Game Bantams because they're like...5 chickens to equal 1 standard chicken right?! lol!

Thanks! Hopefully it will eventually go away then. Considering I gravitate toward the plastic style incubators you think I would have encountered a stinker well before this little one, lol.
It may be burning off dust. No warmer than an incubator heater gets, that might take a while. Next time you clean it, you might hit it with some canned air and see if that helps.

It may be burning off dust. No warmer than an incubator heater gets, that might take a while. Next time you clean it, you might hit it with some canned air and see if that helps.

I actually ended up opening the entire unit, unscrewed the top and everything just to clean the properly...it didn't seem to help the smell though.

Speaking of the Brinsea Mini Advance. Is there any way to turn the beeping off for when it turns? I've never had so much trouble figuring out what's what with an incubator and I've used several...I guess I'm just not cut out for these fancy incubators. :lau

I just have the Incuvue, and It took me a while to figure that out--and it doesn't even beep! Read the instructions again. I had to read mine a million and one times before I saw all the things I wasn't getting into my head. And they were pretty good instructions written by an English speaker who actually speaks English, spells, punctuates... all that out-of-date stuff. I finally did get it, though.

I just have the Incuvue, and It took me a while to figure that out--and it doesn't even beep! Read the instructions again. I had to read mine a million and one times before I saw all the things I wasn't getting into my head. And they were pretty good instructions written by an English speaker who actually speaks English, spells, punctuates... all that out-of-date stuff. I finally did get it, though.

Nurture Right is dummy proof, the IncuView I definitely read the instructions too but it was still pretty straight forward...Brinsea looks pretty straight forward too I just don't see the option I want...which is the "stop stinking" button and the "stop beeping when turning" button. :lau

I actually ended up opening the entire unit, unscrewed the top and everything just to clean the properly...it didn't seem to help the smell though.

Speaking of the Brinsea Mini Advance. Is there any way to turn the beeping off for when it turns? I've never had so much trouble figuring out what's what with an incubator and I've used several...I guess I'm just not cut out for these fancy incubators. :lau
I don't think there is 😣 and it is certainly an annoying beep! I have started tuning it out thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom