11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detached air cell hatching is dicey! You need to watch for where the chick pips. Hopefully it will make the air cell and be ok

Luckily the cracked one had an air cell that was just fine. :) It is just growing different than the rest of my eggs. The rest of my eggs, the veining seems to be centered more on the side of the egg while the cracked one is centered directly over the air cell. I just haven't had one develop like that before.

I've heard letting them hatch in an egg carton, point down is good for detached cells.

That is what I was planning to do with mine, but 5 of the 6 were clear and the 6th one had a blood ring. Not sure how to hatch my cracked/patched one though. I am incubating it air cell up in an egg carton. Thinking I may put it on it's side for hatch though.

Luckily the cracked one had an air cell that was just fine. :) It is just growing different than the rest of my eggs. The rest of my eggs, the veining seems to be centered more on the side of the egg while the cracked one is centered directly over the air cell. I just haven't had one develop like that before.
What did you seal the cracks with? I do not remember

Hello All you Chicken Folks, I started my chicks a day later. I started with 44 eggs. I am down 5 for sure after candling. I have 8 Canadian Bresse, 7 Bresse x Meran, 5 Bresse x Bard Rock, 2 silkies, 12 Blue Bardrock x Meran. We shall see how it goes .
Does anyone have any tricks for cancelling dark Meran eggs?
Good luck to everyone,

Hello All you Chicken Folks, I started my chicks a day later. I started with 44 eggs. I am down 5 for sure after candling. I have 8 Canadian Bresse, 7 Bresse x Meran, 5 Bresse x Bard Rock, 2 silkies, 12 Blue Bardrock x Meran. We shall see how it goes .
Does anyone have any tricks for cancelling dark Meran eggs?
Good luck to everyone,
I haven't candled Maran eggs before, but I'd assume that you should candle them with a very bright light in a pitch black room. If that doesn't get you anything, then you probably just gotta space out the eggs and hope for the best. If they're spaced, then there's less of a chance of dead eggs infecting the eggs around them. I always space them when I have room in the incubator, then put them all together for hatch.

You could use a stethoscope or a pinard horn to listen for life in the days leading up to hatch. I always listen to eggs that don't hatch anyways to make sure that they're dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom