11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s pretty hot outside (85*), and their temp was already really high from the faulty incubator, so putting them outside for a few mins didn’t seem to have changed their temperature at all. You’re right it did not take long to get to temperature. I am trying to up the humidity and add a thermometer in there but not sure how since I can’t read it if I put it in the middle. With all this craziness, whoever hatches out of this batch will be miracle chicks! 🤣

View attachment 2075381
:highfive:

It’s pretty hot outside (85*), and their temp was already really high from the faulty incubator, so putting them outside for a few mins didn’t seem to have changed their temperature at all. You’re right it did not take long to get to temperature. I am trying to up the humidity and add a thermometer in there but not sure how since I can’t read it if I put it in the middle. With all this craziness, whoever hatches out of this batch will be miracle chicks! 🤣

View attachment 2075381

I don't leave the additional thermometer in my NR360s after I verify they're correct. You don't have to worry about hot and cold spots because the turner rotates all the way around the incubator. So since you already have eggs in it, I guess you would have to check a few locations in there by moving an egg to the center so you can see the thermometer? lol

I don't leave the additional thermometer in my NR360s after I verify they're correct. You don't have to worry about hot and cold spots because the turner rotates all the way around the incubator. So since you already have eggs in it, I guess you would have to check a few locations in there by moving an egg to the center so you can see the thermometer? lol

Yes, normally I would have checked and let it run for a while, but day 14 is not the time to check 😆
Thanks for the tip, I’ll do that.
Okay today was a long day for this incubation. I will be resting til day 18 now. And I’ll report my egg weights then.
I do hope some make it because I’m pretty excited to see them hatch now. As will my kids I’m sure!

Yes, normally I would have checked and let it run for a while, but day 14 is not the time to check 😆
Thanks for the tip, I’ll do that.
Okay today was a long day for this incubation. I will be resting til day 18 now. And I’ll report my egg weights then.
I do hope some make it because I’m pretty excited to see them hatch now. As will my kids I’m sure!

Fingers crossed for some miracle babies!!!!

Just re-candled my Copper Marans and Bielefelders since I wasn't 100% sure on day 7 (darker eggs than I have done before) and my guesses were pretty accurate for day 7. I took 3 Copper Marans out - 1 blood ring and 2 clears and took 5 Bielefelders out (all clear) and moved 2 to the small incubator to recheck on Tuesday......pretty sure they are quitters. Pretty bummed about the Bielefelders as those were the ones I was wanting most.....guess I will have to buy more eggs to hatch. 🤩 I also candled my Sapphire Gem eggs (day 7) and Silkie eggs (day 4) and they are all growing nicely. And I checked on my wax patched egg just to see how it was doing and got to see him dancing around! :jumpy

Last round on candling done. I tossed out one egg which I earlier suspected had a blood ring. It was sort of confusing to me as it definitely looks as though something was in it, but it was way behind where the others are now in development and appeared not to have grown at all since my last look so I decided to toss the egg. I feel guilty about it but I don't think it made it.
All the other eggs look to be thriving! I can see more veins and lots of movement under those shells now. Let's hope for a good hatch.

My incubator still had a higher humidity than I'd like after today's incident, even after candling it went right back up to 56%. I'm leaving the vents all completely open for now and hoping it goes back down.

We did have a unexpected power outage that lasted about 45 minutes. I didn’t open the bator at all and put some blankets on/around it to keep the heat in, I didn’t open it up for the rest of that day.
this was 2 days ago.
I have candled many of the eggs and I am seeing movement. We have had many power outages in our area lately so I’m crossing my fingers that everything is ok and well and nothing happens on lockdown:fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom