11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggs look fantastic, even my little “Viva”, the nail polish fix. Hoping they all make it to lockdown!

Attachments

• ABD4A037-F714-4486-8A28-B199A1F96879.jpeg
    ABD4A037-F714-4486-8A28-B199A1F96879.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 6
Not sure where to report our set- we set 7 eggs for the HAL (developing nicely), then we had a strange thing happen and we've had no internet until now. Two doves landed on a transformer of one of the utility poles that run along our property and the transformer exploded. Nobody was hurt and the fire didn't spread further than the pole. Our daughter was home and called 9-1-1, then ran out while on the phone with me, and found a smoldering bird near the driveway. Next thing I heard was a her screetching about the poor bird and how it smells like BBQ'd chicken! Anyway, hope everyone is healthy and safe. Happy hatching! PJ
how are the eggs in the incubator?

Not sure where to report our set- we set 7 eggs for the HAL (developing nicely), then we had a strange thing happen and we've had no internet until now. Two doves landed on a transformer of one of the utility poles that run along our property and the transformer exploded. Nobody was hurt and the fire didn't spread further than the pole. Our daughter was home and called 9-1-1, then ran out while on the phone with me, and found a smoldering bird near the driveway. Next thing I heard was a her screetching about the poor bird and how it smells like BBQ'd chicken! Anyway, hope everyone is healthy and safe. Happy hatching! PJ

Glad the fire did not spread farther and that everyone is okay!

Oh wow what are the chances of a bird landing on the transformer and burning it up! Glad there was no further damage.

Update on my 15 Olive Egger Eggs that I thought were all goners just a few days ago.

8 I candled and I saw movement ❤️
2 I thought I saw movement but I couldn’t verify
5 I couldn’t see anything but the air cell

I will not be candling anymore and I will be putting them on lockdown tomorrow after weighing them.

They are gorgeous! Have you had any before?
I lucked out and found someone somewhat local who has been working on upping their percentage of offspring that lay blue, and has them around 50-60% right now, so I’m getting a couple dozen eggs and hoping I end up with a reasonable amount of blue layers to start with. If not, theoretically they all will carry the ce gene, so I’ll be able to occupy myself this summer by working on them. I’m excited!
I have sold a lot of Celadon layer quail since I got mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom