11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our two chicks are doing wonderfully. I now wonder about this egg, no pip, no tapping or chirping, day 23. Both of the others hatched on Day 21, one closer to the end of day 20 and the other about 15 hours later. Do you think it has any chance? I've read and re-read the assist article. I feel confident to try that if needed. I'm just not sure what I'm seeing here in the candling pictures. It doesn't appear to me that there is drawdown on the air cell.

DSCF1232 (2).JPG
DSCF1228 (2).JPG
DSCF1230 (2).JPG

My hatch is finally complete! I was reminded just how much I dislike staggered hatches, lol! BUT! I now have 24 precious little fluffy Ameraucanas joining my Bantam Silkied Cochins in the brooder! I had such a great hatch that I'm going to have to set up another brooder because they're crammed in there. lol

4-12-20 (53).JPG

4-12-20 Ameraucana Hatching (1).jpg
4-12-20 Ameraucana Hatching (2).jpg

4-12-20 (27).JPG

This last little chick looks about as tired as I feel! :lau
I hope everyone had a great Easter and has lots of peeps to cuddle! :bun:jumpy:bun:jumpy:bun:jumpy

Our two chicks are doing wonderfully. I now wonder about this egg, no pip, no tapping or chirping, day 23. Both of the others hatched on Day 21, one closer to the end of day 20 and the other about 15 hours later. Do you think it has any chance? I've read and re-read the assist article. I feel confident to try that if needed. I'm just not sure what I'm seeing here in the candling pictures. It doesn't appear to me that there is drawdown on the air cell.

View attachment 2087437
View attachment 2087438
View attachment 2087439
Adorable babies :love:love

View attachment 2087437
View attachment 2087438
View attachment 2087439
looks dead to me and never help eggs hatch they will always end up dying

My hatch is finally complete! I was reminded just how much I dislike staggered hatches, lol! BUT! I now have 24 precious little fluffy Ameraucanas joining my Bantam Silkied Cochins in the brooder! I has such a great hatch that I'm going to have to set up another brooder because they're crammed in there. lol

View attachment 2087465
View attachment 2087466View attachment 2087467
View attachment 2087464

This last little chick looks about as tired as I feel! :lau
I hope everyone had a great Easter and has lots of peeps to cuddle! :bun:jumpy:bun:jumpy:bun:jumpy
you should definitely enter some of those pics in the hatching contest if you haven’t already, they are perfect!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom