11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any movement or noise coming from the last 2 that are not pipped, I will give them some more time in the incubator - no plan to assist until there is an external pip. The one that is backward and already externally pipped has zipped about 1/2 an inch, but seems to be having trouble moving to continue to peck around the egg.
I might take to peak to make sure the chick isn't glued to the shell. I've had that happen a few times where the chick started to zip and froze partway round.

I did not have to assist after all. By the time I rounded up the coconut oil, q tip, got stopped by the kids and made it back downstairs to where the incubator is it had made it out on its own. :) One of the remaining 2 had also externally pipped. So I will be giving the remaining eggs another night. LOL! I will have to do a quick clean up and get the hatcher up and running ASAP tomorrow as I have Sapphire Gem eggs that will be on day 19 and need to get into lock down. If I have to, I will get the humidity up in my Janoel 12 and shuffle the remaining eggs over there so I can clean the hatcher up.

My lone duckling, a sweet little girl, has hatched after an assist. In this pic, right near the shell she has her eye on me.
20200415_185047.jpg

I'm in love with her and have named her April.
20200415_204621.jpg

And with that, I'm done hatching ...until next week! :)

Attachments

• 20200415_193004.jpg
    20200415_193004.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 4
We hatched one lone Cochin baby....everything else failed to make to hatching.....it's adorable! Buff Cochin roo over a black Cochin hen. It is all black. If I understand the sex linking correctly is it a sex link? If so is it male or female? IDC either way it's got a place just curious is all!

Attachments

• 20200415_205038.jpg
    20200415_205038.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 5
I did not have to assist after all. By the time I rounded up the coconut oil, q tip, got stopped by the kids and made it back downstairs to where the incubator is it had made it out on its own. :) One of the remaining 2 had also externally pipped. So I will be giving the remaining eggs another night. LOL! I will have to do a quick clean up and get the hatcher up and running ASAP tomorrow as I have Sapphire Gem eggs that will be on day 19 and need to get into lock down. If I have to, I will get the humidity up in my Janoel 12 and shuffle the remaining eggs over there so I can clean the hatcher up.
Good job on waiting!

We hatched one lone Cochin baby....everything else failed to make to hatching.....it's adorable! Buff Cochin roo over a black Cochin hen. It is all black. If I understand the sex linking correctly is it a sex link? If so is it male or female? IDC either way it's got a place just curious is all!
Looks female from the side. If it has the spot on its head, it's male. If not, then it's female.

My hatch is finished, I ended up with three little Seramas, they are doing great.:jumpy
Now i'm just hoping some are female, in the past I’ve had really bad luck.
In the photo they look much bigger than they really are, they were about ten grams when they hatched.

Attachments

• BE2E5C25-170A-4852-8DA7-D282049725EA.jpeg
    BE2E5C25-170A-4852-8DA7-D282049725EA.jpeg
    749.9 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom