ChickenAJ

Songster
Aug 12, 2022
Missouri, USA, Earth
My partner and I recently moved to Missouri in 2020 and finally just started our chicken family this year in 2022.
As of right now, we have our first 12 chickens: 2 cream legbars, 4 easter eggers, 3 speckled sussex, and 3 splash-laced red wyandottes.
We turned (are still turning) an extra, old, small, unfavorable, blue/white shed into a chicken coop and built a large extension for a chicken run earlier this year.

AJ are the initials of my and my partner's first names. We are slowly taking steps towards homesteading. I would like rabbits and ducks perhaps one day. But for now, chickens will be our first (live animal) step towards this dream. I am an Energy Therapist and my partner recently was promoted to a Production Manager. I also have a deep interest in spirituality. We also have a plethora of pets: 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 parakeets, 2 goldfish... I guess we had to keep the 2s going so we opted for 12 chickens... :confused:.

As you may already be aware, it is easy to get obsessed about new chickens. We are trying to learn a lot in a short period of time... and by "we", that's mostly me, lol. So, while looking for answers or inspirations, I came across BYC forums so many times when searching the internet. I thought it could be fun or helpful to go ahead and join now.

I love watching these hilarious, feather-growing creatures on stilts. I call it binging on chicken TV. :p

Thanks everyone! Here are a couple of pictures. ;) F083F753-B47F-4A82-9FE2-9CC8D553B9C7.jpeg
5F621903-C0E7-4D69-ACD1-71B74CFA886C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom