12 out of 26 dead post office to blame

Ugh -
somad.gif

The PO can be so ....
he.gif

Let us know how it turns!
smile.png
hugs.gif

My route is a postal training route. I was concerned about the Aug heat. So instead of having my order from Mt. Healthy mailed, I drove 1 1/2 hours one way to pick them up. Which I know was the expensive way to do it. My husband thought I was I little nuts but it made for a good day trip. I also got to see the facilities-Very clean and organized.
60462_p8260491.jpg

Last edited:
8 Comets and 8 RIRs. All are doing well. Moved them from the family room to the barn Sat. They seem to like the extra room. They would startle when the roosters crowed. Last night the crowing didn't bother them.

Is there anything a person can do from our end to insure the safe arrival of the babes? Do we go to the post office a day or two in advance to let them know about the live chicks coming?

How about taking them some eggs? Or is that bribing a mail carrier?

I always go by the PO and let them know that they are on their way. I also give them my cell number even though it's on the box.
I even have the PO's number in my contacts so I see "Post office" on my cell when they call, LOL.

Chris

Unfortunately our great USPS will not insure live shipments at all. Sorry 'bout your loss, I know just how you feel. I have a great crew at my very small, rural PO that calls me immediately whenever eggs or chicks have arrived. My beef tho is with the whole shipping process. I had 14 chicks shipped from Indiana on a Tuesday and they didn't arrive here in Virginia 'til Friday. Instead of traveling by air they must have shipped by pony express!! Of course only TWO of the 14 survived. I was really bent out of shape and my PO crew just couldn't understand why they took so long to get here. Of course there was nothing I could do and the PO was very sympathetic but didn't change the fact that these poor chicks suffered greatly before they died. As much as the PO charges to ship chicks they should be able to do just a little bit better...

well so far the P.O. is not taking any responsablity for the little ones i lost ,and animal code enforcement i haven't heard from them either. I did get interviewed by one of the local TV stations here in jacksonville,fla. so i will be on the 6 o'clock news tonight, the story will be on our local channel 4, wjxt. and the web site is www.news4jax.com. i did have a 13th that didn't make it, so i ended up with only half of my order living.
but now is when i found out how wonderful the people at MEYER HATCHERY are,and they are covering for the P.O. mistake and then some of which i have already called the P.O. and told them to expect another order within the next couple of weeks.
jumpy.gif
i do believe that there is alot of good people who work at the P.O. and that it just takes one bad one to make them all look bad.

Maybe once you are on the news tonight, you will get somewhere with the PO. I know here when anything is on the local news it really does help get things resolved!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom