12 Super Blue Egg Layers, Olive Eggers and Sex Linked EE

do you have any pictures of your lavenders?

Just the roo.... I don't know that I have hatched any with the new splits yet. Only been in there a few weeks.... I have some in the bator but none have hatched. You would get 50 lavenders from this cross... there is one BCM pullet in the pen but she is broody.

Found a Lavender Copper marans Chick!

Lavender Am Roo.

Quote:
I don't know if i just missed it but can you post pictures of your blue barred hens that you have in this pen?

I was curious if they are blue as in single diluting gene blue and barred or if they are 'self blue' lavender. If I understand correctly, other than the single white Ameraucana in the pen the off spring will be barred males and solid females and they will also be 50% blue and 50% black either barred or solid since all the females are blue?

Quote:
I don't know if i just missed it but can you post pictures of your blue barred hens that you have in this pen?

I was curious if they are blue as in single diluting gene blue and barred or if they are 'self blue' lavender. If I understand correctly, other than the single white Ameraucana in the pen the off spring will be barred males and solid females and they will also be 50% blue and 50% black either barred or solid since all the females are blue?
The chicks from that pen will not be lavender, BUT they are split for lavender since the sire is Lavender. The pullets are BLUE and barred. I know who lays what eggs. I have another hen in that pen that is also barred. She lays much bigger eggs and I can tell them apart from the other 2 blue barred pullets. I also know the White Ams eggs now too. No mix up of eggs. I might need to update this ad soon.

Did I answer your questions? There is a picture of the Blue Barred Crested pullet in the ad's original post.

Last edited:
The chicks from that pen will not be lavender, BUT they are split for lavender since the sire is Lavender. The pullets are BLUE and barred. I know who lays what eggs. I have another hen in that pen that is also barred. She lays much bigger eggs and I can tell them apart from the other 2 blue barred pullets. I also know the White Ams eggs now too. No mix up of eggs. I might need to update this ad soon.

Did I answer your questions? There is a picture of the Blue Barred Crested pullet in the ad's original post.
Yes you did thank you!

I would have never known that chick was barred just looked blue from the pic but now i know! I am far more interested in the diluting blue than Lav anyhow, I like being able to cross breed and get blue in the F1 generation rather than having to get to F2 to get back to 'self blue' from split lavender. (chicken math is getting the best of me...)

I'm trying to coordinate a few orders for about two-three weeks from now. I know nothing is for certain, but wanted to put in a request, and I can go ahead and pay for an order of the 12 + SBEL, OE, and EE? Thanks, Amy. BTW, My one SBEL I have is still laying like a champ nearly every day since about two years ago! Amazing!

I'm trying to coordinate a few orders for about two-three weeks from now. I know nothing is for certain, but wanted to put in a request, and I can go ahead and pay for an order of the 12 + SBEL, OE, and EE? Thanks, Amy. BTW, My one SBEL I have is still laying like a champ nearly every day since about two years ago! Amazing!
I don't think that will be a problem. Just check with me the week before to make sure and we will be good to go. I have LOTS of Olive/Green Egg layers and 2 Sex linked EE and Several SBEL. I am going to be moving the SBEL to another roo soon.... if I do that before your order I will keep one hen with the CCL roo.

I don't think that will be a problem.  Just check with me the week before to make sure and we will be good to go.  I have LOTS of Olive/Green Egg layers and 2 Sex linked EE and Several SBEL.  I am going to be moving the SBEL to another roo soon.... if I do that before your order I will keep one hen with the CCL roo.

I've got more info now, and my other guy is shipping the week of 8/11. Can I have an order sent that week? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom