12 week old auracana cross, lad or lady?

Beckin

Chirping
Dec 4, 2020
Hello friends, are we thinking he or she for this chook? I thought rooster for sure but on a Facebook group most said pullet. Now I have no idea

Attachments

• IMG_3086.jpeg
    IMG_3086.jpeg
    975.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3087.jpeg
    IMG_3087.jpeg
    894.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2858.jpeg
    IMG_2858.jpeg
    857.3 KB · Views: 21
That one is tough. Comb is very pale but broad. There is some silvery smudging on the shoulders, but it's also present on the breast. I'm going with pullet but wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a late developing cockerel. Sorry I can't give better help on this one.

How many rows on their comb (if a pea comb) because at 8 weeks the rule of thumb (which has always been right for me at least) is 3 pink rows it’ll crow but I will say cockerel because the tail feathers and broad comb plus the way it walks

How many rows on their comb (if a pea comb) because at 8 weeks the rule of thumb (which has always been right for me at least) is 3 pink rows it’ll crow but I will say cockerel because the tail feathers and broad comb plus the way it walks
I don’t find that the 3 row comb is accurate. I’ve had several that looked to be 3 rowed and turned out to be hens!

Hi guys, been a few weeks now and I think this “pullet” his show his true colours. Would I be correct?

Attachments

• IMG_3615.jpeg
    IMG_3615.jpeg
    917 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3614.jpeg
    IMG_3614.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom