12 week old EE question

angry gary

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Front Royal, Va
i hatched out three EE chicks. they are now 12 weeks old. i made a homemade incubator and this was our first attempt and we were surprised how easy it was. anyway here is my question:
one of the three is very outgoing for lack of a better term. it is in an outside coop with the other two. this one is always the first out of the coop. sometimes the others never come out. this one will also run right up to the edge of the coop when we come near. to me it is displaying dominate behavior. is it out of the question to think that this early it is a roo?

thanks,

gary

Usually my friendlier chicks turn out to be boys. That being said, my EE girls are either very easy going or completely freaked, there doesn't seem to be any in between for them. Could you post a picture? At 12 weeks old, we may be able to tell you one way or the other :)

Nope, doesn't mean a thing. But at this age, I'm pretty sure it would be obvious to an experienced eye whether you have pullets or cockerels or some and some. Take some pictures!

Mine are only 5 weeks. The two aracauna couldn't look and behave more different. What does your experienced eye tell you?

The one on the far right is a cockerel. When a black and white chick gets dark red showing in the wing bow area, that's a male trait.

Mine are only 5 weeks. The two aracauna couldn't look and behave more different. What does your experienced eye tell you?

Back
Top Bottom