12 week old EE question

They look girly, Gary. Solid colors are harder to say for certain but I'd be very surprised if either of those two ended up crowing.

Last edited:
please help educate me. what draws you to that conclusion?

gary
With the gray one: light comb color, feminine build, not seeing saddle feathers emerging (although at 12 weeks, only some cockerels would have them showing yet).

The second one has girl written all over her. Girly coloration, pale comb, feminine build, pullet tail shape, etc.

Cockerel feather patterns tend to be more splotchy with brighter colors and at 12 weeks, most would have reddened, growing combs by now.

This is my EE cockerel at 10 weeks. See how the tail feathers are pointed on the ends? The reddened and growing comb? From this angle, it's harder to see it but he also stands much more upright than the pullets. Two weeks after this was taken, you could see the shiny golden hackle and saddle feathers emerging (I could already see them emerging if I parted the feathers and looked when I took this photo...)

This is an EE pullet, same age. Much more horizontal in stature, pullet coloration, pale and undeveloped comb.

Last edited:
thanks for the info. i will try to get a better picture of all three when i get a day off of work. going on 19 straight days today. might have next sunday off.

gary

Back
Top Bottom