12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a day early and didn't get on any of the lists. But thought I would post an update. I set the day before yall started, with 30 of my own eggs and 18 that I bought. The 18 turned out to be light bulbs, she is going to refund my money. She set 4 dozen and only had 3 fertile eggs. Out of my 30, 7 were not fertile, and now I have 1 quitter. Continuing on with 22 eggs, healthy looking very active babies inside after candling. We go into lockdown tomorrow at 4:30pm with a variety of 22 eggs from my flock. I'm getting excited yall!! (Hubby bought me 6 EE chicks to replace the 18 blank EE eggs, I truly love this man!! Not to mention we saved their lives from those despicable new brooder boxes at TSC. These little ones all needed immediate attention, which they promptly got in the parking lot. Happy to say they are all doing great!!) Best of luck everyone, happy hatching!!
You can still get in on 'how many will hatch' contest.. There's a link to the thread somewhere around here. Good Luck on the hatch!

Muscovy eggs are creamy coloured if that helps at all (I only have Muscovy so not sure about other duck egg colours).

If I was you I'd keep an eye on when some of them started to pip internally and only lock down then. But that's just me (plus I love to candle and see what's going on).
duck2021.JPG

Guess on the muskovy.....top left?

Full disclaimer!

The fluff gets everywhere and it makes it a royal pain to clean. Have to disassemble it, use an air gun to clean out all of the fluff, and had to replace both fans.
The same thing happens in my brinsea octagon. I have hatched a couple of times in it but it is hard to clean

And who doesn't like to start their week with a cute chicks pic?
Had a bunch hatch over the weekend which were added to their previously-hatched-a-few-days-earlier brothers and sisters. (Staggered eggs in the incubator = "small batch hatches")

View attachment 2590331

There are a couple of FBCM mixed in with the blue-feathered olive eggers (Marans cross)
I hope you get some nice Olive colored eggs from the pullets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom