12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's day 17 for my 5 eggs that were fertile and they are all starting to make shadows in their air cells. They may be slightly early as it was a horribly hot week the week I was collecting them so that may have jump started things.

Can't wait to see those cute little ducklings @DucksAreBest 🥰
Yay!

Thank you! I'll post a lot of pictures!

Can we have cookies now?
Cookiechick.jpg

2 more external pips overnight, and My first Easter baby is out! I did help a little because the humidity had dropped down to 28% overnight and I could see the membrane f
Was turning brown, but the bill was peeking out. I lost a couple ducklings to shrink wrapping during our last duck hatch so I didn’t want to risk it. I helped it zip, and then let it kick the shell off itself, the yolk was fully absorbed and now it is happily peeping and jostling the other eggs around!

Attachments

• AC06C0CA-6909-480E-BD68-37EDA9BAA744.jpeg
    AC06C0CA-6909-480E-BD68-37EDA9BAA744.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 4
Well the end is in sight here. I am down to about 5 eggs with veining in the incubator so I guess I will end up with a couple of chicks at least. Time to figure out what I will be using for a brooder!
The 2 broody hens and the broody rooster are not doing the best job. I checked on them yesterday & there were 3 eggs that were not under a hen. Maybe the hens were trying to give them to the rooster? I put them next to a hen, expecting she would tuck them under her but she did nothing. They are not filling me with a lot of confidence lol.:rolleyes:

Well the end is in sight here. I am down to about 5 eggs with veining in the incubator so I guess I will end up with a couple of chicks at least. Time to figure out what I will be using for a brooder!
The 2 broody hens and the broody rooster are not doing the best job. I checked on them yesterday & there were 3 eggs that were not under a hen. Maybe the hens were trying to give them to the rooster? I put them next to a hen, expecting she would tuck them under her but she did nothing. They are not filling me with a lot of confidence lol.:rolleyes:
Sometimes you do have to keep putting the hen on the right nest. Or, maybe the eggs aren’t going to hatch, and they know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom