12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch for liquid in the pip and clean it if you see it.

Air cells usually draw down making a lot of room for pipping

I'll keep a close eye on that one. It's still alive and still in the same position but hasn't progressed any further.

Another egg that hadn't even been internally pipped when I went to bed last night has already externally pipped (7am when I checked on them) so that was a surprise. :lol:

I'll keep a close eye on that one. It's still alive and still in the same position but hasn't progressed any further.

Another egg that hadn't even been internally pipped when I went to bed last night has already externally pipped (7am when I checked on them) so that was a surprise. :lol:
They do hatch that way sometimes! Often the first to pip is no the first to hatch

If you're worried about it you could always make a small safety hole for that one just in case. That way if it's in a position that hinders external pipping (like a foot behind the head) it won't suffocate. I've had a lot of shipped silkie eggs where the babies managed an internal pip but were incorrectly positioned and couldn't externally pip. I know you mentioned it has the possibility of being vaulted. I'm not sure if vaults contributed but many of the malpositioned silkies were vaulted. šŸ¤”

Good luck and congratulations on the first external pip!!! :wee

No last year i had all perfect , perfect humidity temp, no power faild, perfectly stored..And this time I have eggs from fridge , i take them to my student room started incubating them for 9 days then..moved incubator 1 hour driveing to home.. haha so i hope that Will not cause this problem or anye other am little bit woried beacause i made really big mess with this 10 eggs šŸ˜” but somehow they are all still alive when i Candle them šŸ¤”
I'm sure the one hour was fine! Our electricity was off for several hours. :) So glad they are still alive! ā™„ļø

If you're worried about it you could always make a small safety hole for that one just in case. That way if it's in a position that hinders external pipping (like a foot behind the head) it won't suffocate. I've had a lot of shipped silkie eggs where the babies managed an internal pip but were incorrectly positioned and couldn't externally pip. I know you mentioned it has the possibility of being vaulted. I'm not sure if vaults contributed but many of the malpositioned silkies were vaulted. šŸ¤”

Good luck and congratulations on the first external pip!!! :wee
I was thinking about doing that because it must be coming up 24 hours since it pipped internally. I'll go do that now.

25 eggs in lockdown, all developing and active. The average weight loss is right on target at 11%. Humidity is just under 60%.

I expect the Easter weekend socer tryouts to be a huge success! :D

Attachments

• Easter Lockdown.jpeg
    Easter Lockdown.jpeg
    571.8 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom