12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had a chance to update anything here, but wanted to check in to say, of the 26 shipped eggs from UConn, 1 remains at lockdown and I don't have high hopes for it, but it has developed well, so fingers crossed; of the 15 of my own eggs I set, none were fertilized, as is common for me in March - the ones I set a week later had a couple fertilized, and the ones I set last Sunday are already showing development in 15 of 20, so things are finally getting up to speed here. Of the 12 locally purchased Hedemora eggs, 9 were fertilized, 1 quit two weeks in so 8 remain at lockdown, hoping for some fuzzy babies!

I haven't had a chance to update anything here, but wanted to check in to say, of the 26 shipped eggs from UConn, 1 remains at lockdown and I don't have high hopes for it, but it has developed well, so fingers crossed; of the 15 of my own eggs I set, none were fertilized, as is common for me in March - the ones I set a week later had a couple fertilized, and the ones I set last Sunday are already showing development in 15 of 20, so things are finally getting up to speed here. Of the 12 locally purchased Hedemora eggs, 9 were fertilized, 1 quit two weeks in so 8 remain at lockdown, hoping for some fuzzy babies!
:fl

This morning my incubator was singing to me so I looked inside the window on the incubator and discovered that one of the 12 egg's didn't want to wait until tomorrow to hatch. Too bad it has the fully feathered neck, so if it's a girl it might be finding a new home.

Attachments

• IMG_6988.jpg
    IMG_6988.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 6
If you have any of that rubberized cupboard and drawer liner. You might want to put some down in there. I cut a piece then cut the corners as I was taking the tray out and getting ready for lock down..

Oh crap I did get a roll and meant to do it, I completely forgot 😩
I just hit day 20 I'm afraid to move them about but I need to remember next hatch (yes I'm already planning the next hatch 🤣)

So my eggs are due to hatch Saturday. I had to move them from my large incubator to my small one since it’s better for hatching.

I cleaned the small incubator and let it dry so I waited later into day 18 to move them. I checked my other eggs (BCM) looking good.

Put my 5 eggs ready for lockdown in my new plastic egg carton I got from Tractor supply, closed it to keep the heat in while moving them upstairs, opened it up and found the carton crushed my EE eggs.

As a desperate last resort I used some birthday candle wax on the large cracks.

idk guess, im pretty devastated over this. My EE chicks mixed with my Ayam Cemani Rooster are my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom