12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
there can be miracles🤞🙏❤️

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_113341.jpg
    IMG_20210407_113341.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 6
I'm still waiting. Went to clean out the incubators yesterday morning and had a surprise. Another chick!

So candled remaining unhatched eggs. Some clear quitters, others had clearly gotten pretty far along. Did eggtopsies. Several pretty well developed but had quit, not sure why. Then did one, when I poked a hole in shell, it started bleeding. Yikes! Used a Q-tip to stop blood and put back in the bator. Then put the rest in that were clearly far along.

Had another chick when I got home in the evening.

Going to give the last few another day or so. After lots of reading I found that I totally missed that I should be moving the eggs around to different spots in the bator, since it's still air. 😒 Feeling like a dummy.

My hatch STILL isn't done. :hmm To make matters worse, I was out of town all day yesterday and during that time my incubator went dry. I lost a chick that was zipping. Several more chicks are out but I don't have a lot of hope for the remaining eggs. I have no idea how long it was dry. I added water before I left but it didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom