12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
The surprise white/yellow chick this morning when I moved her to the incubator. Up to 20 now with more pipped. Why does this one have to be the one with clean legs.
DSCN3599.JPG
DSCN3600.JPG

My hatch STILL isn't done. :hmm To make matters worse, I was out of town all day yesterday and during that time my incubator went dry. I lost a chick that was zipping. Several more chicks are out but I don't have a lot of hope for the remaining eggs. I have no idea how long it was dry. I added water before I left but it didn't help.
Long drawn out hatches can be very stressful!

Because she's ornery?
At least I can keep working on that goal and now know that it is not impossible. One day things will hopefully line up and I can hatch mom her perfect mix between my marans and her favorite chicken Butter. It's not too much to ask is it? I mean, Buff coloring, feathered feet and be a girl? Yeah....it could take awhile lol.

FIRST one hatched 4 hours ago, and others dont have any pip and nothing is i it ok? And waht Will I do with lonley chiks , when remove him if no others hatch?
I usually have 1 or 2 that hatch first, then a lag, then a bunch hatch, then 1 or 2 stragglers. Every time, every single incubator, even with broodies. So I hope that's what is going on with your hatch.

My hatch STILL isn't done. :hmm To make matters worse, I was out of town all day yesterday and during that time my incubator went dry. I lost a chick that was zipping. Several more chicks are out but I don't have a lot of hope for the remaining eggs. I have no idea how long it was dry. I added water before I left but it didn't help.
Put in more containers of water.

My guy ( who I would remind all is anti chickens) went pick up my order of faverolles at Cackle (it's less than a mile away from us) I asked him to ask if they had any extra chanteclers because they been unavailable for order since late Feb. He came back with my favs, 2 chanteclers and they talked him into a handful of large breed pullets so looks like I have 2 barred rocks, 2 laced Wyandottes 1 laced Cochin and he saw silkies sitting on display and said toss in a silkieand they tossed in 2 lol so yeah he wants a house chicken lol

Sounds like a keeper! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom