1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

13 week Barred Plymouth Rock, pullet or roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mommas Hens, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Mommas Hens

Mommas Hens New Egg

Aug 10, 2014
    My 13 week old Barred Plymouth Rock is very aggressive and has been pecking at my Lavender Orpington. I'm not sure if this is a "pecking order" thing but it made me start wondering if "she" could be a "he". I thought I should confirm that my hen is a "she" then work on the pecking if it gets serious. I hope the pic are helpful. He they are… so…pullet or roo??[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

She's a pullet, and most likely she is a the top of the pecking order and your LO is lower!

3. MyPetNugget

MyPetNugget Enjoying the cold!!!

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

That's a pretty little pullet.

5. Mommas Hens

Mommas Hens New Egg

Aug 10, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. And thanks for the confirmation. I'll let then work out their pecking order.

6. Mommas Hens

Mommas Hens New Egg

Aug 10, 2014
    Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be aboard. I'll follow your link to more info on pecking. Thanks for the quick reply!

7. Mommas Hens

Mommas Hens New Egg

Aug 10, 2014
    She is … isn't she! Her name is Rocksie.
    Thanks for your input!

8. MyPetNugget

MyPetNugget Enjoying the cold!!!

Oh your welcome! [​IMG] Always happy to help and I'm glad I could! Cute name. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by