1300 miles, 24 hours of driving, but I GOT 'EM!!!

clayhill

Songster
14 Years
Nov 17, 2008
Lee County, Arkansas
My family, and others, believe I've lost my mind but I, and my lovely bride, spent the last three days traveling from Arkansas, by way of St.Louis, to Ohio to buy chickens! Been looking for a year and half for Columbian Plymouth Rocks (large fowl) and I finally succeeded in locating some, so off I went. How far would you travel to get the breed of chickens you want? Some may feel I have become obsessed with the idea of owning true Columbian Rocks, but I decided if you want something bad enough, why not? After all, it not like I'm addicted to drugs or some other life-threatening obsession, I JUST WANT COLUMBIAN ROCK CHICKENS. Well now I've got 'em. Hope they do well and "flourish", maybe I'll get to share them with some of you later. Also got to see a lot of areas in this great country I've never seen before. Not to mention the quality time the wife and I spent together away from the "daily grind". Crazy . . . I don't think so!

*um* hello? pictures?!
frow.gif

Haha, glad you got the birds!

Having no car sort of puts a block on my long distance chicken travel, but I have had chickens/eggs shipped in from all over the U.S.

What and how many did you get? I think it sounded like a wonderful trip. I would love to take a US chicken tour just driving seeing everyone's birds, farms, animals, etc. About the only time I can have a coherent conversation without DH running out the door 'cause he's got "work to do" is to get him captured in the truck and start driving. DH hardly every sits down.

Now back to your birds. Are they chicks, or grown birds? Where is Lee County, AR? How many did you get? I love Columbian Rocks, too, but I've never seen a real one. Are they supposed to be fast growers or slow growers and are they good layers? Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom