13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set 45.

I don't think my turkey eggs were fertilized though so those will probably be pulled soon as I see no development in them.
I finally counted up the chicks this morning (twice) and I am pretty sure there are 20 chicks and definitely 4 poults.

Unfortunately, one group of green eggs was all malpositioned facing backward so we lost those in lockdown. I let the breeder know and she said it's a known issue she had starting a few years ago which made me wonder why it happens. But otherwise, would have been a pretty good hatch.

I let the breeder know and she said it's a known issue she had starting a few years ago which made me wonder why it happens.

It makes me wonder why she didn't warn you a possible known issue before you bought the eggs.

Warning you and discounting the price would seem to me to be the ethical thing to do.

It makes me wonder why she didn't warn you a possible known issue before you bought the eggs.

Warning you and discounting the price would seem to me to be the ethical thing to do.
I agree with you. But I'm getting worn down. I just bought royal palm turkey eggs for $7 a piece. When I got them home one had been stepped on and had what I call a "toenail hole" and the air cells in all but two of them were huge. I sent the lady a picture the same night with the huge air cells and she told me the bigger the air cell the fresher the egg. :rolleyes:

These chicken eggs were $90 for a dozen and a half and the lady thanked me for telling her about the backwards pippers, told me the backstory, and wished me a good day.

I give up. lol

I agree with you. But I'm getting worn down. I just bought royal palm turkey eggs for $7 a piece. When I got them home one had been stepped on and had what I call a "toenail hole" and the air cells in all but two of them were huge. I sent the lady a picture the same night with the huge air cells and she told me the bigger the air cell the fresher the egg. :rolleyes:

These chicken eggs were $90 for a dozen and a half and the lady thanked me for telling her about the backwards pippers, told me the backstory, and wished me a good day.

I give up. lol

I'd almost say you had a case for Small Claims Court for misrepresenting the product.

I'd almost say you had a case for Small Claims Court for misrepresenting the product.
Maybe so, but it's not worth it to me. Even the eggs I ordered from Greenfire in December had glue all over them and my husband says I have special luck in this sort of thing. I'm letting them go and will look elsewhere as I continue to improve and expand my own birds. I won't forget either, so won't be buying from either of these three again. haha

Maybe so, but it's not worth it to me. Even the eggs I ordered from Greenfire in December had glue all over them and my husband says I have special luck in this sort of thing. I'm letting them go and will look elsewhere as I continue to improve and expand my own birds. I won't forget either, so won't be buying from either of these three again. haha
Have you tried Meyer Hatchery? They’re very reasonably priced and my quail eggs were packed remarkably well.
https://www.meyerhatchery.com/Turkeys-c39791181

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom