13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Any ideas of how long to leave two eggs in the incubator? I had 5, one hatched Friday, one hatched Sunday, one was rotten (it stank), and the other two are in the incubator. The hatch might be staggered (it probably is)

Thanks!
I dated my pheasant eggs because they will be staggered but in a standard hatch, General rule is 48 hours after first hatch then I check for pips, listen for cheeps, candle and/or open the egg.

Well I found out that when you bid in an eBay auction…you are in it after a certain point—no cancelling your bid 😆 I was putting bids on some different sets of eggs until I found the ones I wanted to settle on…I do this with my Amazon cart too. I put lots in my cart and then thin down afterwards. Well I’ve not been in eBay much, and didn’t really think about reading the fine print 😆 SO I will also be setting 9 bantam EE eggs and possibly 6 more if I’m not out bid for the buff Brahma bantams 😆 I should get most of them by Saturday. 😁
There should be a 'watch' option, so you can put the eggs on a watch list instead of actually bidding on them. Then once you have them on the list you can compare and make your decision.

Guess what happened today?? :celebrate
All 3 pheasant hens laid first egg of the season!!!

They are already in the incubator :oops:

congrats GIF

Ok, thanks. Since it's Wednesday and the last hatch was Sunday, should I go ahead and open it up? I had first noticed and marked all five eggs on March 1st (they had originally been under a broody) so it would have been at least 22 days
I think tomorrow is Wednesday. So it's been 21 days if I'm counting correctly. And I'd wait at least until the end of the day and then candle before opening any of them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom