!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davethebirdman

Chirping
Mar 12, 2021
Pluto
As a bird lover with a lifetime of experience raising a variety of birds, I am saddened, shocked, dismayed, even angered by the overwhelming amount of people raising birds with little to no experience practically killing these helpless animals while you learn and experiment about raising birds.

1.) Please do no let chicks away from access to a light bulb. They need one on 24/7 and should never be away from accessing it whenever they need warmth. They shouldn’t be out of their box or tub where they need to always be for their safety.

2.) Chicks should never be raised alone or any bird. If this happens, immediately buy another one so they are not alone! They are very social babies who need companions!

3.) If you have never raised birds before, why 50? Why?????? I am shocked at the amount of people with no experience raising or hatching a ton of birds they don’t know how to care for. Poor judgment and negligent! Raise 2 or 4 if you have no experience. Learn!
If you end up with a rooster, be sure and re-home it somewhere safe and loving. Don’t let anybody use it for cockfighting! That is illegal in all 50 states!

4.) If you don’t have a clue what you are doing, get advice and use common sense. Are you as careless with your cat or dog? No, of course not! Show these birds love! ❤️

People on here try to get advice and then people like you just berate them and judge them without offering any actual advice besides getting a goldfish instead or getting rid of their birds because they're a novice.

People on here believe it or not, do care for their birds. If they didn't, why would they bother having an account on here?

Everyone was a novice at one time, even you. Not everyone is able to start out with a small number of birds. Not everyone has people willing to split hatchery minimums or a feedstores that sells chicks within a reasonable driving distance.

Not everyone can just go out and buy 2 or 3 eggs to learn how to incubate and raise a different species.

People are trying their best.

I think most inexperienced people who are on here, are here to seek advice/wisdom/counsel from those more experienced. People with a lifetime of bird experience were novices at one point, we all start somewhere. In this day and age, it is not as prevalent to grow up around poultry or have a fundamental knowledge of bird rearing passed down through family.

People live and learn. I see many on here asking and receiving constructive advice, while many others are waiting for their chance to pounce with criticism and patronizing. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Your post has some very valid points, but the take away for many will not be the constructive advice.

People on here try to get advice and then people like you just berate them and judge them without offering any actual advice besides getting a goldfish instead or getting rid of their birds because they're a novice.

People on here believe it or not, do care for their birds. If they didn't, why would they bother having an account on here?

Everyone was a novice at one time, even you. Not everyone is able to start out with a small number of birds. Not everyone has people willing to split hatchery minimums or a feedstores that sells chicks within a reasonable driving distance.

Not everyone can just go out and buy 2 or 3 eggs to learn how to incubate and raise a different species.

People are trying their best.

Of course, the hatcheries are selling lots of quail eggs 50 at a time because they are a business just trying to make as much money as they can. It doesn’t mean it’s right. They shouldn’t be allowed to sell that many eggs or chicks to novice buyers. Look online at family farm and private sellers. I’m against these large commercial poultry raisers practices anyway. There are some farms in my area that offer classes on poultry raising as well.

Of course, the hatcheries are selling lots of quail eggs 50 at a time because they are a business just trying to make as much money as they can. It doesn’t mean it’s right. They shouldn’t be allowed to sell that many eggs or chicks to novice buyers. Look online at family farm and private sellers. I’m against these large commercial poultry raisers practices anyway. There are some farms in my area that offer classes on poultry raising as well.
Then kudos to you for having that all avaliable. But not everyone does. Are they supposed to just lose out and not have birds because private breeders won't ship to their area and don't have anyone else with experience nearby that can physically meet up and help them?

Buy some books or look at Youtube videos.
Some people are also just not bird people and there is nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can do everything or has the same talents. I’ve never been a horse person and my cousin is a horse person. She’s always had horses since she was a child. I’ve always had birds. If it doesn’t work out for you no matter what you do and they keep dying or mostly dying etc etc. Try fish. Try a rat. Try a snake.

Buy some books or look at Youtube videos.
Some people are also just not bird people and there is nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can do everything or has the same talents. I’ve never been a horse person and my cousin is a horse person. She’s always had horses since she was a child. I’ve always had birds. If it doesn’t work out for you no matter what you do and they keep dying or mostly dying etc etc. Try fish. Try a rat. Try a snake.
Try the random ramblings forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom