14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I usually candle on day 10, but tomorrow I’m on day 7 and I’m sooooooo tempted to take a peek.
I kinda did, taking 'samples' from the ones that were set on Saturday. Even though it's only day three, I was able to see development in all those I checked!

stacking is one of those things that you hate but also hate having to remove. I’m down to 26 in my 360, grateful but not at the same time! 😂

This is what I'm going to end up doing in a couple of days. I have another dozen to set, and no room in the incubator until batch one hatches. And I want to set these so they hatch on my grandson's birthday!

Which brings me to my next dilemma: I have ONE incubator. What do I do for lockdown??!

stacking is one of those things that you hate but also hate having to remove. I’m down to 26 in my 360, grateful but not at the same time! 😂
I agree! Nice to not have them stacked anymore but sad to have that many clears. BUT if it was only my eggs and shipped eggs not sure I would stack since so far out of both hatches I started with 13 from my girls and only had 2 that were clears and had better luck this time with my shipped.

Candled tonight and I only have one of my eggs that is iffy. Tons of movement. I have to say, for a cheap Amazon incubator I’ve had pretty good results. I hatched one batch last year and filled it up for the Easter hatch this year. It literally has paid for itself. I sold several pullets for 15$ a piece last year from the first hatch. I used my phone for candling tonight or I’d have taken pics or video of those rascals swimming around like crazy. One week today. ☺️

This is why I have firmly resisted all temptation to arrange a staggered hatch.
I kinda didn't have much choice (well, okay, I did in that I didn't HAVE TO buy those 48 additional eggs at $4 a dozen, but...).

OH! I'm getting my GST rebate (a Canadian thing) at the start of April! I can blow it on a new incubator, before the eggs hatch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom