14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I am hatching my first chicken eggs. I have 6 black copper marans and 6 deathlayers. I have done a bunch of research but an still looking for advice and knowledge. My eggs were shipped so I'm expecting some losses.

I am wondering, I set my eggs on Saturday (3/18) and thought that was day one....making day 21 on April 7th. But this thread says that eggs will hatch on 4/8 that are set on 3/18.

Am I counting my days wrong? I'm now wondering what day is lockdown?

Thanks!
Your set date is day zero and your lockdown will start on April 5 or 6. Did you test/calibrate your instruments prior to setting? I’ve actually had very good experiences with shipped eggs, so don’t count them out yet! If you have any questions regarding your hatch, feel free to ask! WARNING: Hatching is extremely addictive and Chicken Math is real! 😂
Joining Welcome Home GIF

I am hatching my first chicken eggs. I have 6 black copper marans and 6 deathlayers. I have done a bunch of research but an still looking for advice and knowledge. My eggs were shipped so I'm expecting some losses.

I am wondering, I set my eggs on Saturday (3/18) and thought that was day one....making day 21 on April 7th. But this thread says that eggs will hatch on 4/8 that are set on 3/18.

Thanks!
The day you set eggs is day 0. After the first 24 hours, it becomes day 1! 😊

Thanks!

If you set on the 18th, then day 1 is the 19th. Think of the 18th as day 0; they've not been in the incubator long enough for anything to have happened, so that day doesn't really count toward development. 🙂

Oh gosh!! I've been told that that could be possible but I don't believe I have any fertilized eggs right now. :(. I don't believe he's been mating at all. Thank you though!

I had a younger rooster taken by a hawk, that did mate with all my girls. And I may still have some fertilized eggs left from him but the eggs have been refrigerated. Would they maybe still work? I lost him on Feb 23rd.

You won't know if you don't try. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom