14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Well, set back in the incubation process. Guess that is what is expected with a cheaper incubator off Amazon. The digital display is on the fritz. It appears to be keeping temperature as alarm works if temp drops, fan and rotator are functioning. Hoping for the best nothing else quits. Unplugged already to try reset but didn't reset display. 🙁

Candled my eggs today, development in 17/20 polish eggs with three clears.
I'm actually quite surprised, considering I had been collecting them for quite a while, and the oldest I set was 27 days old at the time!! 😳😅
I had certainly not expected such good development in so many of them!
My Showgirl/green egger mixes eggs are to dark to see anything clearly besides air bubble, so I guess they'll be a surprise come hatch day 😄

I'm trying to decide if I want to include any/all of the 48 eggs I picked up yesterday. My grandson's birthday is on the 20th and I told him I'd try to get some chicks hatching that day. There's about a dozen that are banties, and those I'd be more likely to keep as pets...

ARGH! Decisions decisions!

I also don't have room in the incubator, lol
Decision made! I put in 36 of the eggs, including the banty eggs. The last dozen will go in on the 30th so as to hatch for my grandson's birthday. Of course, I'm trying not to count my chicks before they hatch... :oops:

I figure that by the 30th, I should be able to clear out any duds/quitters. Of course, they won't count for this HAL, but that's okay. they can't all be Easter Eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom