14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Easter babies have all hatched! :love

all babies.jpg

Well I had a bad hatch this year. 3/5 of my eggs that made it to lockdown pipped on the wrong side. Two died (one from pipping into a blood vessel and the other from not being able to break through) and one hatched on its own. Then another of my chicks had an assisted hatch. So only three of my chicks made it. :hmm

Well I had a bad hatch this year. 3/5 of my eggs that made it to lockdown pipped on the wrong side. Two died (one from pipping into a blood vessel and the other from not being able to break through) and one hatched on its own. Then another of my chicks had an assisted hatch. So only three of my chicks made it. :hmm
I'm so sorry, but congratulations on the three that made it.

I have about 75% of the eggs that made it to lockdown hatched already, and day 21 officially starts this evening! This must be an early bunch! A great surprise! (& might let me set my next batch a day earlier!) 😂
Under hens, mine have always hatched early, even the big eggs! I say, as long as they have a healthy hatch (which so far, all are looking good) I actually dont mind early hatches,
i get anxious, as I'm sure alot of us do, so an early hatch is actually better in my opinion (again, as long as it's a healthy hatch, and they're ready)

That was so much fun. Thanks for the help and tips as we went. My first incubation was a success. 6 of the 6 deathlayers hatched by this morning and the 3 out of 6 black copper marans that made it to lockdown all hatched late morning. These were shipped eggs with two of the deathlayers having saddled air sacs...not sure about the state of the black copper marans after shipping. I look forward to hatching more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom