15 Black Copper Maran fertilized eggs sold on ebay for over $137??

I don't really know how to answer your question as I've never incubated my eggs, nor do I know much about BCMs, but perhaps it has to do with the time of year and the infrequency of eggs? Supply and demand...

I'm wondering if these went for so much because they're essentially Wade Jeane eggs, and not some unknown generations later offshoot.

Having said that, I bought a day old FBCM chick from a reputable breeder locally (and she said it had Wade Jeane line), and only paid $8 or so, and he grew into a very handsome boy. That same breeder sells hatching eggs for $20/dozen, and I plan to buy some more from her this spring (she doesn't keep her breeding pens separate in the winter, so no show quality purebred eggs this time of year).

Sorry but Black Copper Marans are getting more and more common because of the popularity of their dark eggs. Wade Jean, Davis, Channing, doesn't matter.

Truly good stock with DARK eggs I can see going for high price, but those birds look typical to me and I didn't even see photos of the eggs.

Marans eggs normally sell between $20-70 per dozen.

If you want beautiful marans french standard - Wade Jeanne and Bev Davis - there are several people who have auctions on here like Charm 1704 and Bargin . They are beautiful chicks and their packing and shipping are totally awesome
love.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif

I am suprised they sold for that much. Most of the Black copper Marans eggs on ebay sell for 12-20 dollars a dozen, depending on quality and how many people are interested.

I have Bev Davis line FBCMs. A few years ago I would think that price was low. These days? Rediculous!

I think one of the reasons they are high is, new chicken owners. Think about it. You come on BYC for the first time. You hear about FBCMs and yes they are popular, the eggs are awesome. Two years ago I was hunting Davis birds, because I wanted to add them and Bev is an awesome breeder. I loved my others and wanted more, but better ones.

OK, so you read some of the OLDER threads or some of the really long ones and you start at the beginning and since it's so long, you already have all the info you need.

You know that at the begining of that long breed thread or all the other threads, that Davis and Jean have been at the top. You don't have birds, but ya got money and you figure you're going to have birds that lay the golden eggs (nope, chocolate!) and you'll make lots of money selling them, just like you just spent on an auction. Or, they are just what you want and money is no opition.

Back
Top Bottom