15 Buff Orpington Chicks Ordered!!

We got 8 Buff Orpingtons and 8 Barred Rocks 3 weeks ago. They are such fun. The Barred Rocks, in general, are more bold than the BO's (in our bunch). All of them are sweet birds though. Now, fingers crossed that we don't have too many roos.
I purchased sexed chicks for that reason. My last Roo was nasty, so I only wanted one BO roo. Although, I"m seeing some cute silkies and I like the Australorps. LOL I can see how this could be addicting. LOL

Ohhh..Cross stitching...I've wanted to learn. I love all things crafty and it seems my 4 y/o daughter, (My 3rd child) is the same way. Every day she asks, "Do you have a craft for me?". LOL
My little ones are so excited about the chickens. I'm teaching them this week what we'll need to do and not do, when they get here. I have two older children, that I Homeschooled through high school and now i've got a 4 y/o and a 2 y/o. The Lord has a sense of humor with my hubby and I. I've got two sets of children. LOL

Chickens are the topic for the next few weeks.
Cross stitching is embarassingly easy compared to sewing....but I have been able to challenge myself by switching from aida to linen and adding specialty stitches (satin, lazy daisy, bouillon, queen's stitch, etc.) and doing harder charts. I have a great sewing machine and have been given a few lessons, but it just hasn't clicked - how I wish it had! My youngest is 9 but she still has that great wonder about learning - especially animals and nature! She is an enthusiastic assistant with the chicks and with our two Nubian goat doelings, Pippi Longstocking and Annabelle. How blessed you are to have your children in sets! I know others who have been blessed like that - it must be great fun (and a little like having grandchildren early! LOL), Have a great day!

We bought a mix of chicks a few weeks ago. The BO are very sweet but very shy. We have 2 Australorps that are my sons favorites, one sits on his shoulder whenever possible and the other has a crush on my husband. I'm hoping as we keep handeling them all the others will be as friendly too. This is our first time with chicks and its proving very entertaining !

Back
Top Bottom