15+ Paint Silkie/or Showgirl Eggs!! Many Pics! Starts @ $1! FREE SHIP!

Quote:
Thanks. Someday I would like to, but right now my goal is to get to breeding excellent quality paints. Eventually I do hope to show them. It will take some time. Maybe AOV would be somewhere to start, but I don't have much interest in it. My understanding is they cannot compete against the accepted colors, so it seems to be it would be a very restricted competition of all "off colors" but I have a lot to learn yet before then anyway. That's more stuff for me to research another day on another thread.
I will be checking out a local poultry show next weekend though.
wink.png

Quote:
Thanks emmalyn! The hens must be pretty excited about the auction too. They're laying a lot more eggs than I expected. At this rate, by the end of this week, I will have at least 20 eggs and even more by Monday!
wee.gif

Shayna

Mine aren't egg-cited about anything I guess. Haven't seen an egg in over 2 wks. SIGH.

If I was doing paints, I would bid. Maybe should do so and let the girls know if they don't get it in gear.....new color may be the only color. LOL!

Quote:
Yours must've received the memo that the days are getting shorter! Mine haven't. When one of the hens (Buffy) decided to start laying again, the other two girls became jealous and decided they should lay too, so they head to the coop right after her. I think they're having a competition. I'm pretty sure it goes something like this:
"My nest is better than yours...."
"Well my egg is better than yours!"
tongue.gif

I have 40 eggs in the bator and none of them are from my girls....AARRGGGG

he.gif

I threatened them with the crockpot but they aren't fooled. They know I am not serious.

yuckyuck.gif

With 40 eggs in the incubator, you'll have chicks all over in no time! The secret is, you have to have no space for any more, and THEN they will bless you with all kinds of eggs you don't have the room to hatch!

That hasn't been the case. The incubators have not been off since last year. I cull hard from the beginning- then I have a very understanding husband that builds me another coop.

Quote:
Well, I sure hope they resume for you soon!

-and I hope my husband builds me another coop too!
lol.png
If he does that, I'm taking out one of my other LG bators I have on standby and incubating more eggs!!

I would love to have that champagne color!! They are so pretty!! I don't show I just have pets!! lol I worry about mine catching something or bring lice or something home to the other guys! Anyway we all do this for different reasons, mine are just pets. Just wanted to say love the way yours look! Sorry to hear you are breeding that color out, I don't have the room for that many new chicks so if you ever do maybe just 6 eggs I'll be all over them!!
droolin.gif

Quote:
Hi emmalyn - I'll answer here since others may have the same question. I'll PM for questions specific to an individual. I have the one male rooster that has a lot of champagne frosting. He is very pretty, he has a sheen that is gorgeous in the light, but I am trying to work out the champagne color, while others prefer it. I am actually planning to sell him locally since I have 4 roos in my flock. (not comfortable yet shipping live birds) The showgirl roo has quite a bit on his head and some on his body, as the pictures show. Buffy the hen has a very light frost to her, but she is absolutely beautiful. Paints are a relatively new development in silkie coloring and still a work in progress. Roo #1 in the pictures is the ladies favorite and he has such nice spots, and not too much frosting, but some around the head which is common. He's such a gentleman he goes into the coop with the ladies and makes nests for them when they're laying. So sweet.
I have not shown the paints yet, and since they are such a new color, they are not yet a recognized color to show. The idea behind breeding paints is to get the white color very white, the black spots large, with no pigment holes, and good type. I would love to show them someday when it's a possibility. The American Paint Silkie thread has tons of great info on them too.
I also wanted to say thank you for the nice compliments on my flock!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom