15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
I could have typed this same exact response, 😆 I also have my blink mini in front of my incubator so I can see what's going on while I'm at work. I bought them for added security, but I think I do more chicken stalking than anything🤣
I have one of those minis in my office here at home. My two macaw parrots are in here. Sometimes when we're gone a day or two I talk to them through the camera. They get so excited!!

That's pretty good actually. You get reflection but for the purposes we use cameras for, it doesn't have to be an award-winning photo lol.

How do you clean that lid? Hubby took ours apart once, but since I saw that PIA, I use canned air since, but nothing gets all that fine fuzz that goes between the layers of the lid.
I take the lid apart to clean. Watched a YT tutorial by the Brinsea channel when I first got the incubator - otherwise I bet I would have done it wrong and broke the thing lol. But I let it sit for at least a week so it REALLY dry. I find it so much easier to get all the fluff that way.

Final count of 18 chicks! Out of 21, two quitters and a clear!

20240328_143806.jpg

Second chick hatched just four hours after pip!
And another pip, and a wiggly egg…it’s like watching grass grow when you stare at them, but the minute you look away, they just do all the hatching!
Always! I had eggs hatch within a half hour of me stopping watching them because they weren't doing anything!

Back
Top Bottom