15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
And we're off! One's out! These 20 silkies are due tomorrow but one decided tonight's the night! Another one or two have pipped so I'll probably be hearing peeping all night now. (Incubators are in our bedroom).

IMG_0773.PNG

My internet has been hit and miss these last few days and I was out of data to do updates and catch up on everyone’s posts :barnie

Incubator A with the blue eggs went into lockdown the other day and we already have one working on an external pip!! I’m so excited for fresh babies again, I can’t stop watching the incubator! I’ve even started playing chick noises on the tv and my phone near the incubators :oops:

I’ve still got a full week on Incubator B (B and C got combined after sorting the dud eggs) and another 2 weeks on another batch I set, they aren’t going to be hatching for this HAL. Though, I’m still really excited for them to hatch as some Guinea eggs are developing in that batch as well! :pop

My dancing egg finally hatched! She had a rough go of it, and there was a little blood on the paper towel afterwards but it stopped on it's own!
I have 4 more pipped also!
I put a warm wet paper towel on this egg last night and moved all the others to my broody silkie Dottie! She is a happy girl, and they are all doing great! Pic included! I moved them because it was very crowded and I think they cracked my Americauna egg and it wasn't pipped like I thought last night. It has several calcium spots and I think they were picking at one and cracked it! I'm leaving it be and praying it does ok!
I'm also including a pic of Alice with her babies. She hatched out 3 and the 3rd one (the bantam cochin) disappeared, with no trace. 😭 I think it found a hole and got out of the run so I went through yesterday and blocked off anything that even remotely looked like a spot to get out!

Attachments

• 20240330_131047.jpg
    20240330_131047.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240330_125416.jpg
    20240330_125416.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Snapchat-615654141.jpg
    Snapchat-615654141.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom