16 week old chicken, multiple watery poops

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kat4011, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Kat4011

Kat4011 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    So I went out to hi to my flock today and I noticed one of my RIR's pooped water. I came out about an hour later and she pooped water again. I fed her some yogurt and waited and about 45 minutes later she pooped water with a little bit of greenish/whitish poop with it. Not a normal poop. I went to get some bigger grit (I've been meaning to do it for a while) and when I came back she pooped water again. The poops are clear, no blood. Shes acting totally ok, she ate the yogurt and the grit and is messing with my newish rooster. Nothing out of the ordinary except water poops. I picked her up and felt down her chest and nothing feels out of the ordinary (at least not FULL or impacted). That being said, I'm a first time chicken owner and I don't really know what I'm feeling for. I found a squishy spot, which by the looks of photos is her crop and it felt empty which I think isn't normal for 2pm. Like I said, she went for the yogurt and the apple I gave them, so her appetite seems fine.

I have two water-ers, one inside and one outside. Food is kept inside. I'm feeding layer pellet and have given them #1 grit since day one, adding #2 grit to the selection today. The rest of the flock seems just fine. Nothing abnormal on their poop board. I should also add that I'm on the fence if she is a she or a he. At 16 weeks I would think it would be totally obvious (judging by others photos), but shes got slightly longer tail feathers then the 2nd RIR I have but the same size comb and wattle and the same color (Pink) as my other one who I have no doubt is a pullet.

Should I worry? Is their something I can do for her myself?

2. homeschoolchick

homeschoolchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Hello. I am going through the same thing...only this is day three of it and my cockeral seems fine other than drinking more and that because his poop is water with occasional poop with tiny bits of solids that are pea soup in color (not bright green). Hope someone can help us [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by