16 weeks now-breed/gender?

Kev, you're right the red caps are rare. I forgot about them and than had to look them up as I didn't remember them having white earlobes. Turns out the white earlobes are unwanted in them, but does happen.

@TheJadeChicken
here's a better picture of her :)

and here are a few pictures I took of them yesterday, just in case.

thank y'all so much for all your help. I love learning more about my crazy chickens-never thought I'd be so attached to them, haha.

Yep the white in tail is the clincher- that is a red sex link for the light tan one. All hens.

Is that a slight bit of brown just under the black hen's face? that may very well mark her as an unusually black black sex link.

as far as I can tell she's completely black with a bluish-green sheen. I've never seen any brown on her anywhere.

and they came from Atwoods, so truthfully there's no telling about any of them, haha. thank y'all again for all your help!

Yep the white in tail is the clincher- that is a red sex link for the light tan one. All hens.

Is that a slight bit of brown just under the black hen's face? that may very well mark her as an unusually black black sex link.
I see the brown around her earlobe too. Looks like one that I had show up this past spring. Not much brown, just around the earlobes and wattles. She too has the yellow look thorough out her legs like the OP's bird.

I can't believe I never noticed but y'all are right. she has a few feathers on each side under her ears that are brown! good grief. and I thought I was being observant. haha

I have a rooster that I got a few weeks ago and he is so handsome. I just don't know what kind of bird he is or what he might be mixed with. I was hoping I might get some help trying to figure it out. Thanks!
he looks like a cross from an Easter egger and Rhode island red to me...

Back
Top Bottom