16 x 12 Coop

Pics
@aart I had seen your basket before and know that I need to get one. I just looked to see if we have a BB&B in Ottawa, there is I will pick one up next time I am there.

Thanks for the reminder.
Are they open?
Not sure what the secnario is in Canada with Covid and stores.

I used the basket a little differently today,
dropped a cup of various hardware right into the PDZ bag.

I'm hoping to get the awning over the East window done today and take the plastic window off. I turned on the fans yesterday evening and in the blink of an eye 9 chicks were on the floor. I need to get up there and set them to low speed. I assume because there were plenty down there they just settled in and started scratching till the light went off then I had to show them how to get back up to the brooder.

I still have a bit more of a tree to whittle down on the west side that blocked the light, hanging on to a 11 1/2' pole saw is pretty hard work but it gets the job done fast. That tree was too close to everything to just cut it down and the base was covered with blackberries so I had to hack through that first with the pole saw.

JT

Last edited:
I put 10 chicks on the floor this morning and let them roam around and scratch then started putting some on the steps and within a few minutes they had all found their way back to the feed and water. One even flew down to the floor for a bit of scratching then flew back up so I left the doors open and will watch them on camera for a while.

Here is a photo from the camera.
5-24-20-03.jpg

JT

I removed the East Brooder wall and put the 8' perch in yesterday. I removed the pine chips from the droppings board this morning. I also finished the awning... need to get a photo of that. Wife suggested clear so the sun would shine in during the morning hours and sure enough the chicks voted with their feet that they like that idea.

5-25-20-01.jpg

JT

Back
Top Bottom