16 x 12 Coop

Pics
I made them a larger dust bath box the other day
dust-bath-01.jpg

And in a last ditch effort to allow them some outside time until I can come up with a larger area I cobbled up the portable dog pen with some dunnage and milk crates to get it up high enough then used a couple of one hole straps to fasten it to the wall.
kennel-01.jpg

JT

I'm starting to think I either have too many chickens or not enough perch and poop table...

View attachment 2183012
View attachment 2183013

JT
Could be. Looks like they may fill it up once grown, eh?
How long is it?
Any chance of males in there?

Mine roost on the edge of the poop board, but that is a 2x2.
Here's a recent shot, showing broody chicks on big roost with mama below
(they got chased into a nest the next night).
1591619587024.png

Could be. Looks like they may fill it up once grown, eh?
How long is it?
Any chance of males in there?

That's what I'm thinking that 8' is not enough for 12 hens. I can add another small poop table and 4' more of perch without changing much. I'll watch as they get a bit bigger...

Cinnamon Queens from Cackle Hatchery can be sexed at birth, the female and male are different colors so chances for a male to be in that group are slim to none.

JT

Got the ledger board fastened to the coop wall and had to just cut and fit the birds mouth on the rafter as it's not any specific rise/run just had to make it fit as best as I could and maintain as much height as possible on the low end.
run-02.jpg

A little trimming and it's ready for rafters.
run-03.jpg

JT

I started adding the rafters Friday and was thinking I'd have them up by early afternoon.

run-04.jpg

Got to the third one and noticed a large gap on the birds mouth... on the second one I was thinking I just cut it a tad big or something.
run-05.jpg

After some measuring I figured out that the first post was set measured from the inside and the other end from the outside so back to square one.
run-06.jpg

This morning I got the middle post out of the ground and cleaned out the right hand hole for try number two... tomorrow. Did I mention it's pretty hot here...
run-07.jpg

Gotta love using screws for construction...

JT

Back
Top Bottom