16 x 12 Coop

in my eyes, it's kind of crying out for an attached run to the right. looks like an awesome shed!!
If you mean to the right viewing the door there is a 5' drop off about 5' from the right edge of the shed so to put a run there I'd have to move a lot of dirt and make a gentler slope. Not that I can't move a lot of dirt in 2016 I moved half a mountain so to speak to build a new shop.

It took me 6 months to move all that dirt due to rain delays. My neighbor was wondering what the heck I was doing...

big-dig-09.jpg

JT

Maybe make something like this to comb the poop tray and put it in the compost pile automagicly...JT

I have toyed with the idea of having a 4-sided rotating poop board that could be rotated 1/4 turn to expose the prior night's poop to the outside so it could be scraped off easily. I think there are less complicated ways to do the same thing, though. Maybe just hinge the board so that it can swing up vertically to the outside of the coop, clean and then let back down.

If you mean to the right viewing the door there is a 5' drop off about 5' from the right edge of the shed so to put a run there I'd have to move a lot of dirt and make a gentler slope. Not that I can't move a lot of dirt in 2016 I moved half a mountain so to speak to build a new shop.

It took me 6 months to move all that dirt due to rain delays. My neighbor was wondering what the heck I was doing...

View attachment 1274432

I wish I had it as easy as you do. I end up running into this. Jackhammering rock is no fun, and slow. And it severely limits what I can do.

2018-02-23_174203.jpg

I wish I had it as easy as you do. I end up running into this. Jackhammering rock is no fun, and slow. And it severely limits what I can do.

I was lucky I didn't run into any big rocks I couldn't move. When I built my dad's house I had a rock that was so big I just laid the block foundation over the top of the rock with some rebar drilled into the rock.

JT

Now you're cooking with gas!

I'm sure whatever it turns out to be it will be leaps and bounds ahead of the little coop you started with.

Good luck going forward

Gary

Yea that first one I built from internet photos was a joke as far as proper design. I'm just glad I was able to make a decent roosting place out of it and sort out the other things like the nest box before they got too big.

JT

Wow this will take some time to clean out lol... I'm thinking I'll slap up some insulation and some OSB on the walls to start with.

View attachment 1282193 View attachment 1282194

JT
Before I started on my coop I had to clean out the big shed, 2 smaller sheds, and the garage to redistribute all the 'stuff'. Have fun!

No need for insulation and inner sheathing.....makes for mouse houses.

Back
Top Bottom