16 x 12 Coop

Pics
I had never seen "poka-yoke" before, had to look it up. Great word and even better concept, I am guessing you have a few installed in your chicken keeping set-up?

I tend to be the error proofing for the chickens, but the coop control keeps them on schedule for sure. The latest addition to my Raspberry Pi 3 coop control is a pair of USB speakers so I can play music while I work and the thought has crossed my mind to play some birds chirping just before flicking on the lights each morning.

JT

Finished the door for the dividing wall today.

door01.jpg

door02.jpg

door03.jpg

door04.jpg

door05.jpg

JT

Well my 7 remaining Rhode Island Red Hens are coming up on 3 years old (136 weeks old today) and a few have issues and don't lay but I still love them all and will take care of them till they die of natural causes. It's amazing how each one has it's own personality and habits.

Time for some new chicks to help with laying eggs so I can give them away and it's fun to invent and figure out problems.

My neighbor has 48 eggs in the incubator that are due to hatch next Thursday...

JT

I decided that the East and West windows in the coop area were just way too small to provide proper ventilation in the summer and proper light so I started to rework them from the tiny ones to some 40" wide x 36" tall fully open windows during warmer times. I quickly realized that using some galvanized ring shank nails to fasten the OSB was a mistake and made it diffucult to remove them, but I was stubborn and won out.

window-01.jpg window-02.jpg
window-03.jpg window-04.jpg
window-05.jpg window-06.jpg
window-08.jpg window-09.jpg

Ready to build the frame for the HC and screen. I can really feel the difference in temperature with going from 20" x 12" opening to 40" x 36".

JT

I quickly realized that using some galvanized ring shank nails to fasten the OSB was a mistake and made it diffucult to remove them, but I was stubborn and won out.
Yeah grrr....when I reworked the windows on my shed they had use spiral nails, and in old wood they were a bear to get out.

Back
Top Bottom