16 x 12 Coop

Pics
And you've contacted your PO to call you the minute they get there?

I'll be there when the door opens to collect them. I get there way before they have time to call anyone. They get chickens all the time at the post office so they know what to do.

I checked my records on the current bunch of hoodlums and transit time was 2 days. Hatch on Wednesday arrive on Friday.

JT

The hatchery instructions say to use large pine shavings for bedding which I'll do. At some point I need to transition them to Sweet PDZ. I'm still pondering how and when to do that. I figure not till at least 4 weeks... but I forgot how fast they grow lol.

JT

The hatchery instructions say to use large pine shavings for bedding which I'll do. At some point I need to transition them to Sweet PDZ. I'm still pondering how and when to do that. I figure not till at least 4 weeks... but I forgot how fast they grow lol.

JT
I start with paper towels over PDZ in the brooder.
Changing out the PT every other day.
One week or so after hatch they go to the coop with shavings.
I also put their feed and water on a tote lid....in the brooder and the coop.

I start with paper towels over PDZ in the brooder.
Changing out the PT every other day.
One week or so after hatch they go to the coop with shavings.
I also put their feed and water on a tote lid....in the brooder and the coop.
Wish my babies would eat out of a feeder like that, any feeder I’ve tried with the holes in it, 80% of the chicks will stand there and look at the feeder and start screaming. I’ve let them cry for hours watching them get a drink return to feeder and cry some more. They don’t like putting there heads into a hole. Same as for the nipple waterer I built they refuse to use it. I think I have some spoiled birds.

Wish my babies would eat out of a feeder like that, any feeder I’ve tried with the holes in it, 80% of the chicks will stand there and look at the feeder and start screaming. I’ve let them cry for hours watching them get a drink return to feeder and cry some more. They don’t like putting there heads into a hole. Same as for the nipple waterer I built they refuse to use it. I think I have some spoiled birds.

My current hens when they were chicks would not touch the vertical nipple water station. I removed the red one for a couple of hours then put the bottom of it under the nipple and they all ran to it. After a couple of minutes one pecked at the shiny thing and it all over after that.

JT

Back
Top Bottom