16 x 12 Coop

Finally got around to making a larger watering station for the CQ's

waterer-mk3-02s.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality I can't upload photos over about 250 Kb for some reason here any more. Better photos on my web site here.

JT

That's quite the array of devices, I bet you're having fun making them!

Does the double size feeder work as well as the single serve?
Thinking the singles might be better at anti-billing.

Seems like the big waterer could use a bracket higher up?

Just some thoughts.

The big watering station is quite a snug fit into the 3/4 ply so I'm not thinking it needs a bracket up top bit did originally have one in my mind while I was building it.

Oddly enough I stopped filling the feeders for a few weeks and only put some in the bottom tray a few times a day and now they don't try to pull food out like they used to.

I still have plans in my head for a double wide feeder with a drawer on the bottom big enough to catch any feed that they pull out LOL.

And yes it is fun to design and build them.

JT

While putzing around with my upload issue I wrote a program to open the web pages on each coop and display the stats. It's a Python program using PyQt5 which in turn uses Chrome on the back end. I know all gibberish... but fun to do.
CoopBrowser.png

Next I need to figure out how to display all my cameras on the LAN on one page.

JT

After using the new watering station for a few days I decided to go ahead with my original plan and make a top support. Not because I was worried about the chickens but concerned that I might bump into it. A couple of bits of plywood and some Velcro then screwed to the wall.

waterer-14.jpg

JT

I went to my friends house today and got the last of the giant red oak and made a perch from a bit of slab wood for the Cinnamon Queens.
pearch-01.jpg

I noodled out the center 6" but it was a bit big so I used a smaller piece to make the roost. After this I softened the edges with a 1/2" round over bit in my hand router.
pearch-02.jpg

I took a close up but it was fuzzy so this is a photo from the run camera.
pearch-03.jpg

JT

Took another photo this morning. After peeling the bark off and squaring it up more or less to the outside surface I took my hand held router and the biggest round over bit and softened the edges. I ran the router from the sides so it followed the surface contour.
pearch-04.jpg

JT

Back
Top Bottom