17 day old cochins. wondering about sex UPDATE: photo's on 2nd page

TheRealTimShady

Crowing
12 Years
May 23, 2011
Apollo, PA
ok i havn't taken any photo's yet as my son is playing games on my phone. i know they are cochins, 3 frizzle and one smooth.

now the one smooth chick is starting to get alot of red on the comb. i'm GUESSING this is an indication of a rool the other 3 don't the coloring yet.

Last edited:
Whoa, that chick is only 10 days old, and it's comb and wattles look like that? My cochin's comb just started looking red within the past week and it was 4 weeks old on Monday. How's the feathering coming in so far?

most of them are on track, tho i do have one that is about 5 days further (feathering wise) then the others, they were all hatched together

here's the feathered one

sorry about the photo's, but its so hard to gett a good shot, especially when they all black.
this one has wings, tail feathers, shoulder feathers, and spine feathers coming out, feet are fully feathed already as well.

and..oops i counted wrong, they are 16 days old today.

yea i figured the red comb guy was a roo, so pronouced so early, all the others don't have any red in their combs or wattles. i'll post the other 2 just so i can get a definite

WOW.. That comb.. He is going to have a massive comb/wattles when is is older :th
_MG_4629.jpg
This is my boy *partridge cochin* @ 8 weeks. He's giving me the stink eye because I'm touching his ducks...
_MG_4658.jpg
and he hates when I touch his ducks...

Back
Top Bottom