18 week old Australorp Pullet acting very sick!!!

AZchickens17

Chirping
Mar 12, 2017
In the SUPER hot state of AZ
Hello there, for the last week my little Australorp Olive has been acting very sick. If food or water is held directly in her face she will nibble at some or take a little sip but overall is just lethargic and sleepy. Doesn't look around and peck or scratch, just sits and sleeps. I original thought that she was egg bound but I feel that she is too young for that. I am very worried because yesterday she perked up after I gave her electrolytes but then seemed to have gotten worse over night. Her vent is pink and normal but is frequently pulsing. No external parasites. Comb, face, and wattles look normal as far as I can tell.

Seems always puffed up however it isnt cold in here, probably around 79ish degrees.

Oh, also her poop is very smelly and more green than usual. A couple of times only white poop has come out and whenever I press near her vent or abdomen, poop squirts out.

I'm providing all of this information because I am so concerned about my little baby.

If you know what she might be suffering from, please tell me:( Any advice or info is appreciated!

P.S. Just had 2 chickens die 2 days ago from dehydration

Are you able to take some of her poop to the nearest vet to get checked for worms?

Watch those videos ..they both show you how to open it.

I wouldn't advise starting her on worm medicine with her not eating and drinking.
I'm afraid i don't know what else to tell you to try but the tube feeding.
I wish you the best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom