18week old EE wont stop squaking!

Jun 13, 2023
So my ee's are acting funny today! They hv been doing the submissive squat for about 2 weeks now, maybe 3 and the one hasn't stopped making a short cluck noise for hours, it doesn't stop for even a second and she won't come out of coop, and she's the first to come out for morning grit and grubs....and all the other chickens are also in the coop ! Lol. Does this mean she's about to lay an egg?!?!

So my ee's are acting funny today! They hv been doing the submissive squat for about 2 weeks now, maybe 3 and the one hasn't stopped making this noise for hours, it doesn't stop for even a second and she won't come out of coop, and she's the first to come out for morning grit and grubs....and all the other chickens are also in the coop ! Lol. Does this mean she's about to lay an egg?!?!

I sense it's almost egg laying time! :jumpy
I'm sooo excited! How long do they do this for?

Mine hollered like that the whole day till she laid an egg, next day the same. Third day, nothing but she did lay the egg. I think they don't know what to think. Just think, it never happened b4 and they have to work it out, lol
Lol, yea she still does it pretty much all the time, thankfully it's not too crazy loud lol. All my others are quiet 😅💓 shes been laying nice eggs too, so I'm happy 😊

Back
Top Bottom