19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

I suppose with my mixture of cochins, silkies and a coupla EEs in there, I'll be waiting FOR-EV-ER!
he.gif
th.gif
fl.gif
The 2 oldest are 22 weeks (AND COUNTING). The boys are chasing them...the girls' waddles are reddening....c'mon girls!
D.gif
idunno.gif

I suppose with my mixture of cochins, silkies and a coupla EEs in there, I'll be waiting FOR-EV-ER!
he.gif
th.gif
fl.gif
The 2 oldest are 22 weeks (AND COUNTING). The boys are chasing them...the girls' waddles are reddening....c'mon girls!
D.gif
idunno.gif

Had to laugh at your animations on your post, but like Nelson-09 says, not only will you see eggs soon, it will come the norm to see them
ya.gif

SOON DONT WORRY YOU WILL SEE AN EGG SOON

I think it's fun! Mine are in the same general range, 1.8-2 oz, but that's just my Cinnamon Queens. I have one EE and one Welsummer Laying and theirs are almost always 1.7, and I have one Cinnamon Queen that is starting to consistently lay 2.2's. My husband just shakes his head and laughs when I do it. Hooray for silliness!
All right folks I need to get a scale LOL, notice the word need underlined LOL.........I am just like you guys obsessed with these goofy birds, but the way I look at it my huby spends over $100 a month on cigars and beer so whats a little scale?? Anyone know of any good ones to purchase? I saw this one at egg carton store on this web site
TECS-SC-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
I just use a regular food scale. It's digital and works great, but of course, it's not cute like the egg scales are. However, I use it a lot for portion control on many of the foods I eat so it's multi-functional. You can get good deals on ebay for some of the neat looking egg scales.

I have and LOVE this one, and it's the best price I've found anywhere. That price includes the drop shipping from the manufacturer. I love buying from Seattle Farm Supply too, he's local to me and I want to support his small business.
http://www.seattlefarmsupply.com/?wpsc-product=grade-a-egg-scale
thumbsup.gif
I'm getting one of these!
I got 3 eggs today, plus another shell-less one

I think I was wrong about the brown egg being from my BR, I think it is the RIR, Rose. the shell-less eggs look just like the cream colored egg in the center, and at first glance, I thought this one would be soft. it is not, but I will see how easy it is to poke through and if I can blow it. It's quite small and light, I think it is a thin shell. I found it freshly laid and very warm, the narrow end looks like it just knitted together in time for laying, kinda swirly and odd shaped, but adorable! I'm thinking that this is Wilma's egg, or Betty's, either one of them could be the shell-less layer... either way, I have 4 of 6 laying, and one bantam that i am still waiting on

I have and LOVE this one, and it's the best price I've found anywhere. That price includes the drop shipping from the manufacturer. I love buying from Seattle Farm Supply too, he's local to me and I want to support his small business.
http://www.seattlefarmsupply.com/?wpsc-product=grade-a-egg-scale
Wow I really like this website. Unfortunately my chickens still haven't laid any eggs yet. One of them finally has a really red comb for the last week so I'm waiting. I don't know if she will start though, its started getting really rainy and their run is completely muddy, that is going to be quite a fix when it does stop raining.

Back
Top Bottom