19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

Guess I'm going to have to upgrade when I can. I put a tarp up and sealed the leak from the gutter for now. Now the chickens are running back and forth from the coop throughout the run, who knows why. Chickens are so weird and entertaining.

I use something similar to sand which is sifted granite from our local quarry. It works well just like cleaning a cat litter box. Love it.

Yet again I come whining about my 37 week old maran on BYC...hopefully she'll get the message soon
lol.png

Here some pictures. She doesn't squat, but I don't think she ever really will; she's SO flighty! I *may* have heard her singing the egg song sometime this week, but I can't be certain. She also doesn't make nests that I know of.

This is her from about three weeks ago:

And here she is today (you can see a difference, huh?):

I hope she lays soon...
th.gif
BTW, she's been wormed, treated for mites, ect...

Yet again I come whining about my 37 week old maran on BYC...hopefully she'll get the message soon
lol.png

Here some pictures. She doesn't squat, but I don't think she ever really will; she's SO flighty! I *may* have heard her singing the egg song sometime this week, but I can't be certain. She also doesn't make nests that I know of.

This is her from about three weeks ago:

And here she is today (you can see a difference, huh?):

I hope she lays soon...
th.gif
BTW, she's been wormed, treated for mites, ect...
she looks like she is a good girl

Had another "First egg" today. Small and perfectly round. Dark brown. That was from my chicken house w/Blue Cochins & Cochin mixed hens/pullets.

My purchased pullets turned 5 months Sept 30th so I'm hoping for LOTS of "New eggs" this month! 5 RIR's and 4 Brown Legg'erns, but no eggs from them yet ( plus a variety of pullets from eggs I hatched or my hens hatched).

Had another "First egg" today. Small and perfectly round. Dark brown. That was from my chicken house w/Blue Cochins & Cochin mixed hens/pullets.

My purchased pullets turned 5 months Sept 30th so I'm hoping for LOTS of "New eggs" this month! 5 RIR's and 4 Brown Legg'erns, but no eggs from them yet ( plus a variety of pullets from eggs I hatched or my hens hatched).
Nice! got any pictures? I don't think I've ever seen that variety/breed? I love all the colors and varieties of chicks and eggs!

I've gotten tired of yelling at my hens to lay eggs. I told them I don't care anymore if they lay eggs because I'm just going to eat my moms hens eggs and they taste way better than their eggs will ever taste. Lol Don't know if that will get them laying.

Back
Top Bottom