19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

Mine at 19 weeks and still waiting ... Here's one of my girls

I

I can see looking in anticipation but I can't imagine already putting them in a stew... Give them some time! And this is my first batch of Chickens I have 6 Rhode Island Reds. They are about 17 weeks old and our coop isn't even finished! You guys had me scared because I thought I had till August'ish... So thank you Leadwolf1! Made me feel better!

This is my Welsummer, Sienna at 21 weeks. She looks like she's getting ready?! Can't wait for some pretty dark eggs!

Judging by her comb you might be waiting a while.

All our other hens stated to lay by 20 weeks but our Wellsummer didn't lay until she was 10 months old. She lays beautiful dark speckeld eggs almost every day and she was worth the wait.

Last edited:
I can see looking in anticipation but I can't imagine already putting them in a stew... Give them some time! And this is my first batch of Chickens I have 6 Rhode Island Reds. They are about 17 weeks old and our coop isn't even finished! You guys had me scared because I thought I had till August'ish... So thank you Leadwolf1! Made me feel better!
Both our 2012 RIR's laid at 17 weeks. Many RIR's lay at around 18-20 weeks so you better get working on that coop

Our 2013 chicks hatched March 1st and we got an egg yesterday and another one today. One was from the Buf Orp but not sure which hen laid the other one. One was tiny and the other was "extra" small. They are different colors so probably came from two different hens.

Last year our chicks hatched April 2nd and we got our first egg on Aug 15 so at about the same age.

Back
Top Bottom