19 out of 20 hatched while I was gone for the weekend

LilMissPetie

Chirping
8 Years
May 23, 2011
Michigan
I left Saturday morning, increased humidity just in case, actual hatch day should have been today. But with the last 2 hatches they have came early each time. I got a little concerned that the humidity went all the way up to 80% before we even left, I thought for sure that I would have messed them up. But I got home yesterday afternoon and there was 18 new babies and one more had pipped, got all unpacked and that one hatched. There was still one left, so I candled it and it wasn't moving but I thought I'd wait a little bit and check again, still looked the same so we opened it up and he must have died a day or so before. I was still pretty happy to have 19 out of the 20. So with my first hatch I had 7/8 : the second I had 4/4 and this last time was 19/20. I am done incubating eggs for awhile now, which in a way is good, now I can just enjoy the babies I have and not have to keep on watching the incubator temps every second of the day, and can also enjoy the summer. Maybe this winter I'll try again.

What great hatch rates!
ya.gif
Congratulations on your new little ones. You'll have to teach them how to keep appointments, it sounds like lol

Wow, what kind of incubator do you have, if you don't mind me asking? Those are really great hatch rates!

Quote:
I actually forgot to put in one of my hatches, I did have another hatch 8/8. You will be surprised when I tell you what kind of incubator I have I have a still air LG. Which the temps did fluctuate on especially if the room temp did. I was very surprised with the rates that I had. I mean with the last batch I did start with 30 eggs but at day 7 I knew which ones weren't fertile, so I got rid of those, and ended up with 20 good eggs. So not really sure how you get the rates, if it would be with all the eggs you start with, or just counting the ones you know are developing???
celebrate.gif
Anyways it has been fun, I now have 38 babies ranging from a month old to just a few days old.
ya.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom