19 weeks + six pullets = 1 egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mamabigbird, Oct 18, 2010.

1. mamabigbird

mamabigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Vancouver Island, B.C.,
    It finally happened. One of my almost 19 week-olds laid a little pink egg this morning.
    Now to get the other five busy and get the older hens back on line after the moult from hell.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats on the egg. I'm getting them here and there from my nearly 19 week old pullets. Still haven't identified the guilty party and they're really small eggs.

3. shortstaque

shortstaque Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Bucks County, PA
    Lucky you!!! Mine are 19 weeks today and still waiting. [​IMG] Congratulations!

Do you know what breed it was?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  4. mamabigbird

mamabigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Vancouver Island, B.C.,
    Quote:I think it was one of my two black sex-links,( I think they were called Red Rocks), probably Robin because she's been squatting for me for about two weeks. The other B.S-L, Lil' Crow started squatting just about 5 days ago and my EE Ester is squatting now but I've heard that EEs take forever to lay. I have two red sex-links, same age but they're still just rambuncious adolescents.
    Also Robin wouldn't cuddle up with her broodmates last night. She stayed on the lowest roost by herself. The egg was on the floor under where she slept

HOORAY! 19 weeks + 6 pullets= 1 egg +1 more = 2. I went to clean the coop and found another tiny pink egg in one of the nest boxes. Another pullet has earned her "big girl status". This is so exciting. I can't wait until tomorrow to see if there's more.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  5. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats! Hooray for first egg!
    [​IMG]

Brightest Blessings

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by