1st egg, 1st post!

Lottie M

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 5, 2013
UK

Hi there! Thought I'd celebrate our first egg by making my first post!

Based in the UK with our our new chucks; a bluebell, a black rock and a warren.

My money is on this being from the blackrock given the colour of her comb, presenting behaviour and the colour of the egg. Am prepared and happy to be put right though.

My two year old is beside herself with excitement at the egg and it almost makes up for the chicken pecking her eye the other day. X

Thank you. Complete novices at this but so enjoying this sight! Really shows how much we have to learn!

welcome-byc.gif
Please be careful, chickens are attracted to shiny things, like eyeballs sometimes with disastrous results. It's best not to hold chicks or grown birds near your face.

Welcome to BYC from California wine country in the Western Sierra Foothills!

I have no idea what a bluebell, black rock or Warren might be, but find myself transfixed with the thought of acquiring some, they just sound so cool. (I am such an anglophile.)

Well Gryeyes, here's a pic! The Bluebell is the grey one and leader of the pack, the Warren is the lovely orange lady and the Blackrock is, not surprisingly, the black one.

Drumstick Diva, we have learned the dangers over the last week; first my daughter and then my neighbours little girl pecked on the eyelid. From now on the hens are only to be petted when held by a grown up and presented fluffy end first!

However, we've had three eggs in three days from Mrs Blackrock so they may get to stay after all...

Thanks for the responses and welcomes! X

Back
Top Bottom