1st egg probably from one of my RIRs.

Congratulations on your egg!! For pictures with photobucket, use the last option the "IMG Code". Copy the whole code and paste it in here on your message.

Thanks Momofchicks, That was easy.

The one on the right is my first egg. Can't wait for them to all start laying.

1stegg.jpg

Last edited:
Congratualtions!! I am so jealous. I am waiting for my girls to lay and I refuse to buy anymore store bought eggs at this piont.
I went to the grocery store tonight, I even stopped to look at the eggs and then thought uh uh, those girls better get moving.
Mine are 19 weeks and I saw one sitting in the nest box today, just checking it out I assume.

Congrats! I too am passing on storebought eggs. I get two a day from my 3 RIR, today, the Little Red, was in the nestbox, left an egg and I was sure we would have 3 today. NOPE, only that one!

But we did have Breakfast for Dinner tonight anyway. We had 14 eggs to use for french toast. Right now, no eggs in the fridge - but tomorrow - we better have some production!

The Delightful Dozen need to earn their next bag 'o food! Either from us or from friends who will pay cash!

I am afraid one of the RIRs is pecking her eggs. We have had two eggs that have a "crack" but it is totally pushed in. I think it is Big Red doing it to some of her eggs. This will be most upsetting. Both "cracked" eggs were scrambled and fed back to the Delightful Dozen, but I don't want to deal with a problem hen... sigh.

Back
Top Bottom